The nearest airport is Ranchi Airport (208Km) and Varanasi Airport (140 km)
Garhwa Railway Station is a major railhead of the Eastern Railway zone. The nearest Railway Junction is Garhwa Road Junction (8Km) .
- Garhwa to Ranchi(Jharkhand) – 339 Km (6h 15m)-Ndls – Ranchi Garib Rath Express
- Garhwa to Patna(Bihar) 8h 35m> (256 km) Patna – Singrauli Link Express, Palamu Express
- Garhwa to Varanasi(U.P.) – 5h 15m (241 km) Ranchi – Varanasi Express
Garhwa district is connected to Ranchi in Jharkhand by National Highway No. 75. There are 210 km of state highway, 55 km of national highway (NH-75) and 96.95 km of district roads.
- Garhwa to Ranchi(Jharkhand) – 5 h 18 min (218.5 km) via NH39
- Garhwa to Patna(Bihar)> – 7 h 33 min(264.3 km) via SH 68 and NH139
- Garhwa to Ambikapur(C.G.) – 3 h 55 min (160.4 km)via NH343
- Garhwa to Varanasi(U.P.) – 5 h 22 min (218.7 km) via NH39, SH 5 and SH 5A
Garhwa is well-connected to roads and railways. Daily bus services are available from Ranchi and major districts of Jharkhand, Bihar and Chhattisgarh.
Two major bus stands are Ranka Road Garhwa Bus Stand- Medini Nagar Routes & Town Bus Stand (Old Bus Stand) – All Neighbour States Routes.